one Kilometer distance from Bus stand. The Temple is dedicated to
Meenakshi, the lovely consort of Lord Shiva. The original temple was
built by Kulasekara Pandya, but the entire credit for making the temple
as splendid as it is today goes to the Nayaks.
This Palace was built in 1636 by King Thirumalai Nayak with the help of an Itali an Architect. The building we see today was the main Palace where the King live The original Palace Complex was four times bigger than the pre sent structure.